Dear Valued Clients and Associates
Inland Revenue Board (IRB) To Stop Accepting Tax Payment By Posted/Couriered Cheques w.e.f. 1 January 2021
|We are pleased to attach IRB’s Media Release dated 26 November 2020 for your kind and urgent attention. |
We wish to advise that the IRB has announced tax payment by cheques delivered via mail/courier services will NOT be accepted w.e.f. 1 January 2021.
Tax payments w.e.f. 1 January 2021 can be made via the following methods:
· ByrHASIL portal at www.hasil.gov.my;
· Internet banking facilities of commercial banks which have been appointed as tax collection agents by IRBM;
· Over-the-counter at IRBM’s Payment Centers;
· Over-the-counter at banks appointed as collection agents;
· Cash/cheque deposit machine; and
· Automated teller machine (ATM).
Please ensure that any tax payments by cheques delivered via mail/courier services are received by the IRB before 1 January 2021, failing which such cheques payments will not be accepted and late payment penalties will be imposed.
Kindly refer to the attached IRB’s Media Release for the full details provided therein.
Please access our website at www.salgroup.com.my for all of our earlier Alerts.
Please do not hesitate to contact the following should you have any queries on the above:
11 Dec 20